Just Joining

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
capt446

Re: Just Joining

Post by capt446 »

Josh,
Thanks very much. Survey is this coming Monday - we will check it out. How do you like your 38? That model was certainly one of my favorites.
Best regards,
Andy

RadioZephyr

Post by RadioZephyr »

Oh good! I was worried my reply was too late.

I absolutely love my 38, it's fantastic. I sail the hell out of it, and it has performed admirably. I do envy the engine access and athwartship double bed of the F35, but I think the overall performance of the F38 makes up for it. Oh, and the anchor locker! Really wish I had one of those.
Josh
Sunset Spy
F38, Hull #152
Boston, MA

Dcroft61

Post by Dcroft61 »

Good evening and Happy New year to All,
My name is Don and I just joined the forum. I'm very interested in the Freedom line of boats. Actually I've made an offer on an F45cc I'm pretty excited. Without getting into a lot of details or getting the cart before the horse I'd like to know areas that the surveyor should pay particular attention to? I know there is balsa coring throughout the hull that could rot? I've seen one picture where a leak had formed under the winch or cam cleats that rotted that area, hmm. Can this be a wide spread problem? What other areas should I be looking at? I'm hoping with the vast experience out there that someone can offer some advise. I've only read positive things about the F45's and am really looking forward to sailing her. I plan to retire in 2 years and live on the boat full time.
Any and all comments are welcome...
Happy sailing,
Don
Don,
S/V Shasta, 1989 F45cc