Freedom 33 cat ketch build letter

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Doogie

Freedom 33 cat ketch build letter

Post by Doogie »

Hi I’m Doogie.
I’m new to the forum.
I have a lovely Freedom 33 Cat Ketch.
I have not as yet browsed the entire forum, I’m sure it will take awhile to get thru all the knowledge that I’m looking forward to acquiring.
Most pressing for me is to find info on obtaining a build letter for my boat if possible testifying that my boat was built in the US, as I’m in process of documentation.
Apparently the HIN is not enough.
My boat is hull number 7, and has HIN# TSP330070180
Since Pearson has been out of business so long, I’m not sure what to do to find a build letter acceptable to the CG
Some background;
I Applied to the NVDC for documentation, and in part J of the application I only checked coastwise because they advised me if I teach sailing or take people out for a boat ride for money that the activity is commercial and therefore requires a coastwise endorsement. When I discovered that I needed a build letter because the HIN is not enough evidence to establish the boat was built in the US, and I can’t find a build letter, because Pearson has been out of business for 20+ years, so the Coast Guard refuses to give me my document, and refuses to allow me to switch to recreational because I did not check the box in part J that says recreational so now my documentation application has deteriorated into a ridiculous debacle of bureaucratic Flubnubbery, with the Coast Guard demanding full price of an entirely new application and possibly new copies of the supporting documentation that I’ve already submitted because the submitted documentation is part of an unacceptable application, which would mean new bills of sale that I had to get from two previous owners that would have to be notarized and require both those previous owners to come down to the notary with me a second time to sign another of exactly the same forms that they signed previously but that I can’t use because I used those forms in an application that the Coast Guard refuses to accept but needs those forms in the new application to be able to show a chain of ownership. Not to mention the previous owner would have to get another copy (and notarized) of the state registration.
Yes, it’s awful.
Anyone know where I can get a build letter?