New Digest E-mail Format

Info on changes, updates, etc.
GeoffSchultz

New Digest E-mail Format

Post by GeoffSchultz »

Personally, I hated the format of the e-mail digest as I thought that they were hard to read. So, this afternoon I sat a down and figured out how they were formatted and made changes. I think that you'll find the new digests much easier to read.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

Michel

Re: New Digest E-mail Format

Post by Michel »

Geoff,

I never used the email format of the Yahoo site. I also find that system too chaotic; people putting new subjects into existing threads just because they are too lazy or too ignorant to log on to the site and start a new thread. How are you going to prevent the same thing happening here if you allow email digests? Next thing you know is again having discussions about engine bearings in a thread that started about single line reefing solutions.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

The digest provides a daily/weekly e-mail with the contents of the new posts. It doesn't allow you to post via e-mail.

If you haven't subscribed to the digests, I strongly suggest that you try it. To do this, click on the "User Control Panel", which is located near the top of this screen and then click on "Digests" (which is located on the left side if you're using the default subsilver skin or along the top if you selected the prosilver skin). The choose what type of digest that you want and when you want it delivered. Click "submit" and you're done.

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

Michel

Post by Michel »

Geoff,

I'll try it. And a good thing you cannot post via the email digests!
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.