F35 (Pedrick) V birth tank

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
SteveMamaroneck

F35 (Pedrick) V birth tank

Post by SteveMamaroneck »

F35 owners,

My Hull 30 (1994 Pedrick) has a ~50 gallon aluminum tank in the V birth in the compartments. When searching the manuals, this tanks is not referenced and possibly added by original owner. It is separate from the fuel tank (stern cabin) and water tank (port settee); anyone have any guesses on what this could be? I would think an extra water tank but I am not sure. Appreciate any thoughts.

Best,

Steve
Steve and Angela
Shooting Star F 35 (P)
1994 Wing Keel 4.5’
3GM30F
Mamaroneck, NY

Camino

Re: F35 (Pedrick) V birth tank

Post by Camino »

Steve- you didn’t mention but are there hoses connected? …and if so where do they go? Is there a deck fill?

Definitely added I should think
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

bobr

Post by bobr »

I would guess it is a water tank added by a prior owner.
I added a flexible water tank under the v berth on a prior boat. No need for a separate deck fill.
Now you've got me thinking about another project!
Bob R.
1995 Freedom 35 (Pedrick)
"Liberty"
Old Saybrook, CT

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

Our F35 Pedrick has the bow WATER tank. Assuming yours is same, look for an overflow drain that empties into forward portion of bilge. We have two fill points, one midship for portside tank, one more forward on portside that fills the bow tank. I know it's full when I hear water running into bilge. Know it is empty when the pump runs full time trying to fill the very small cistern.

Both run to a central fresh water pump arranged in crazy fashion where batteries are housed just forward of the chart table under seating on starboard side. Water and electricity? Must be someone from Lucas Electric suggested it. Ha! Haven't really had trouble with that area. Just must be prudent when clearing the water strainer in front of the pump. Never gets any debris until running one of the tanks to empty, then it does dredge up some crystalized gunk, which the strainer dutifully captures.

There are a pair of valves that someone smartly labeled on each handle, ON/NO, as in when you turn the valve from closed to open, it reads NO -> ON. If yours are not, you'll know which position by the whine of the pump.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA