Yahoo Groups Mailing List

For use by moderators only to discuss diabolical things. :-)
GeoffSchultz

Yahoo Groups Mailing List

Post by GeoffSchultz »

I generated a mailing list of the Yahoo Group member list. Do you think that I should use it to send out an invitation (probably after the New Year)?

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

katorpus

Re: Yahoo Groups Mailing List

Post by katorpus »

I took the passive-aggressive approach...

I posted a link to FOG here
I posted a link to FYBB at FOG, then asked Lance (nicely) to remove the "original" link to here (which apparently caused some login problems and was hard to remember).
Lance removed the original link, then added his own link duplicating my link, (sans description), but leaving my link.

I posted a piece on my experience with Skid-No-More "over there", then put in at the bottom that I'd be posting same here (with pictures) and put it here at FYBB, with the pictures. (Now awaiting flack accusing me of spamming the FOG group).

We have 88 members here, and there are 409 at FOG. We haven't been "alive" for two weeks yet.

I predict that, eventually, we'll have a big enough "body of knowledge" already posted over here that a lot of the FOG posts will start saying (when questions arise at FOG that have been addressed here) ... "There's a good discussion related to that at FYBB..."

Eventually, people will start looking here before asking questions there (or not). We will (doubtless) be accused (yet again) of hijacking the membeship for some nefarious purpose.

To answer Geoff's question...let's see what goes on over there for a while before sending invitations. People haven't "shut up" about us, even though they've been asked to.

If my (relevant) post over there generates too much flack, I'm inclined to say ..."screw it" and quit posting there (just as George has).

Now ...if we could just get our hands on all that old Freedom documentation at the factory...

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

I wish we could get the Freedom Yachts documents. Man what a coup that would be. It would even be great if they donated the materials to a museum and we had access to scan. I don't even know what the first step in the process would be.

And John,

I'll ask you as a moderator here to stop spamming our group with stuff about the yahoo group... heh heh ;)

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

Just wait to you see the coup that I'm about to pull...

Geoff, who's madly programming away
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

You bad bad boy... archiving a group you are not "owner" on! heh heh Well I did hear him say we were all equal owners... heh heh If only he had acted his words.

George

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

George,

How did you see that I was archiving the Yahoo groups? I thought I had them hidden from everyone but me.

-- Geoff (who almost has the code finished)
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

GeoffSchultz wrote:George,

How did you see that I was archiving the Yahoo groups? I thought I had them hidden from everyone but me.

-- Geoff (who almost has the code finished)
Great minds... yada yada... I only saw them in what I imagined you might be up to. :)

Rock on with you Geoff! I might have to re-join the yahoo group just to be there to see the reaction... snicker.

George