Simple question - Porthole Removal - F38

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Ereiss

Simple question - Porthole Removal - F38

Post by Ereiss »

I have the stainless ports in my F38. I want to replace the headliner in the head but need to remove the ports to do that. I removed the short wood screws on both the inside and outside trim pieces. I can't believe that is all (other than some old caulking) that could be holding these ports in place. What am I missing? If I dig out the caulking on the outside will I find some fasteners in there? Or is what I see, all there is?

As always, thank you, fellow Freedomistas.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

markedwards

Re: Simple question - Porthole Removal - F38

Post by markedwards »

Ed, What you see is what you get. No bolts through and no additional fasteners beyond what you have removed already. This was taken from the Alden 44 ports installation which was done in the same fashion. To my knowledge, no portlight has ever been pushed in or been compromised. Good luck, Mark Edwards

Ereiss

Re: Simple question - Porthole Removal - F38

Post by Ereiss »

Thank you, Mark. Now I have to figure out whether it is worth taking them out in order to replace the headliner, particularly since one of them was just rebedded by the yard last week. Nothing like doing things in the right order.

Paul Dennis thought I was crazy (my word, not his) and should clean up the vinyl and glue it back down. Sound more appealing.

Regards,
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA