Bimini for Freedom 33

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Guero

Bimini for Freedom 33

Post by Guero »

I'm the process of buying a 1982 freedom 33 cat ketch. Anyone know if u can put a Bimini on one or where you would find one?
I'm very excited to have found and joined this group.
Thanks Y'all
Guero

peaceandfreedom

Re: Bimini for Freedom 33

Post by peaceandfreedom »

Hello Guero,

Welcome on board.
Because of the sheet for the mizzen, it is hard to have a Bimini on an F33CK, unless you position the frame well forward of the mizzen traveler.
Where will you be sailing your new boat.

Happy sailing,

Jim D.

Guero

Post by Guero »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for replying. It's a two part boat in terms of use. For now it'll be a live aboard part time where I'll stay when working on the coast. Within the next two years I plan to learn the boat and how to sail her in galveston bay area. Within 2 years I'm hoping to retire and plan on spending 2-3 months every winter in the Caribbean.
If all goes as planned I'll be day sailing her periodically the rest of the year off the west coast of Florida. So multi use multi locations in this boats future

Guero

Post by Guero »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for replying. It's a two part boat in terms of use. For now it'll be a live aboard part time where I'll stay when working on the coast. Within the next two years I plan to learn the boat and how to sail her in galveston bay area. Within 2 years I'm hoping to retire and plan on spending 2-3 months every winter in the Caribbean.
If all goes as planned I'll be day sailing her periodically the rest of the year off the west coast of Florida. So multi use multi locations in this boats future

Sailing-61-North

Post by Sailing-61-North »

Jim brings up a very valid point regarding the mizzen sheet. I have the same boat and have been pondering ideas on this exact thing. I have gone as far as considering an aluminum 1-1/2 pipe arch-structure and moving my traveler up top. Still pondering.... 8-)
Last edited by Sailing-61-North on Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
S/V Arctic Tern
Freedom 33
1981 - #37
Prince William Sound - Alaska

Sailing-61-North

I see a F36 with the same idea I have. Pondering may become a creation.
Attachments
Astern View arch.gif
Astern View arch.gif (207.5 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
S/V Arctic Tern
Freedom 33
1981 - #37

Sailing-61-North

Does it look like a "German Mizzen Sheet" set-up. Wish the folded bimini was not in the way. But yea pondering this idea more.... :P
S/V Arctic Tern
Freedom 33
1981 - #37