exhaust pipe access

Engines, Drive trains, Propellers, Steering, Ground Tackle and other mechanical system
richsailorman

exhaust pipe access

Post by richsailorman »

We have a Freedom 32 with a Yanmar engine. I need to do some work on the exhaust pipe from inside the boat.
I removed the cushions from the stern berth and didn't see any way to access this area.
There is hardly any room get to it from the starboard cockpit locker.
We bought the boat last summer and would appreciate any advice.
Thank you.
Rich

Camino

Re: exhaust pipe access

Post by Camino »

Rich - I have the f35 P, so not the same but …. Once you remove the aft cushions/ mattress there will be marine plywood screwed down- you should be able to remove the screws, lift off the plywood and access the exhaust hose…. Others with the f32 can respond more accurately.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

richsailorman

Post by richsailorman »

Ahoy Tom and Stefani,
Thanks for your prompt response, I will check it our during the next few days.

Rich & Bridgit
Jacaranda
Kittery Point, Maine

gulfcoastsailor

Post by gulfcoastsailor »

Rich,
All the R&R I did on my exhaust was under the galley sink. This part is memory... once the cushions are removed from the aft berth there is a sheet of plywood. IF that unscrews you may have access but I doubt it. The fiberglass shell may block your access. Don't be surprised if you have to drop into the locker on SB and snake yourself clockwise behind the cockpit plastic and work behind the steering. If you're pressed for time good luck. If not, I will be at the boat on Wednesday and I'll find a way.

ps: The F32 manual is online. May be some drawings to assist.
Chip

"Encore"
Freedom 32
1985 #72