Topping lift for F21?

newt2u

Re: Topping lift for F21?

Post by newt2u »

wbalser - my lazy jack lines are as follows. 2 off 5.4m lines from the mast down to blocks at each side of the sail. I think this is 6mm 3 strand polyester but that is just a guess.Then I have one continuous line fixed to the cleat under the boom up to one block down and under the boom through a hoop forward of the kicker, then back up to the second block and back to the cleat. That line is 7m but is exactly the right length for me, i.e. slightly loose when the sail is hoisted. I used 4mm dyneema single plait for that, bought oversize and trimmed to length. My point of attachment, which would impact the length, is 915mm (3ft) from the mast head on the front of the mast. Hope this helps.

When in the marina with the sail down I attach the main halliard to the boom as a topping lift.
Rockin - F21 twin drop keels - located Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

wbalser

Post by wbalser »

newtu- thank you so much for taking the time to reply. This is most helpful—will post some pics when completed. She’s been in the yard getting a lot of updates. Located in St.Pete Fl. Thank you again!

newt2u

Post by newt2u »

Hey, no problem. My boat is ashore in my drive for the winter, so measuring up was easy.
Rockin - F21 twin drop keels - located Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK