Freedom35 Pedrick- Track and slider for genoa

Express

Freedom35 Pedrick- Track and slider for genoa

Post by Express »

Did any of the owners of Freedom35 Pedrick mount the Harken tracks and sliders for the genoa? What kind of slider? I mounted a 22 mm Harken 2751 track and a Harken Esp slider with a breaking load of 567 kg, but the usual know-it-all told me that they are insufficient. Can you tell me what you have mounted?
Thanks for your comments

bad

Re: Freedom35 Pedrick- Track and slider for genoa

Post by bad »

Are you flying a real genoa or the chamber spar. Generally, the track you installed is for small boats and the F35 is not small. If you give Harken the sail size and sheet angles in and out of the car they may be willing to get definitive for you, but I think your on the small end of things.

Screw size/washer size also affects the load distribution through the deck - extra thick fender washers will help (metric equivalent sizes are better).

BTW, the load you quoted is working load. Breaking load is 2x that. The hardest load to estimate is shock load... It can easily exceed normal sheet loads be 10.

I would upgrade... Extra holes and money be damned.

Express

Re: Freedom35 Pedrick- Track and slider for genoa

Post by Express »

Thanks for the reply. the genoa is about 24 square meters and will only be used in light winds up to 8 kn of true wind. I have a jib of the same size as the one I mounted on the Camber spar and which will be used as the main headsail