F25 Wingmast spinnaker setup

BillyMac

F25 Wingmast spinnaker setup

Post by BillyMac »

My newly acquired '82 F25 is missing (among a few other things) the lines for the gunmount setup. Can someone share the lengths for the reins, clews, pole control, and chute retriever?

Documents I have show the reins as a single line, is this the way to do it? Also, I've seen diagrams running the reins direct to the camcleats on the cabin, or to a block at the stanchion base. It appears the previous owner ran both the reins and running backs to blocks on the stanchion.

Any pearls of wisdom will be welcome.

The ice went out of the bay last week and I'm stoked.
1982 Freedom 25 Wing
Harbor Springs, MI

newt2u

Re: F25 Wingmast spinnaker setup

Post by newt2u »

I have an F21 not F25 so can not give you lengths. However there is good reason to have a continuous line for the reigns. With separate lines from both ends of the pole, you are just adding more rope to the cockpit, which has enough from the clew lines and pole adjusters. My setup has lines direct from the pole, over the lifelines and into a Spinlock cam cleat on the cabin roof. The black line in the picture. When sailing, I run this to the starboard side across the top of the cabin, so no extra rope in the cockpit. A bit of slack is required if you want to extend the pole forward of centre when on a reach in light air.
Attachments
IMG_0358.jpeg
IMG_0358.jpeg (240.54 KiB) Viewed 981 times
Rockin - F21 twin drop keels - located Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

unfetteredalexandria

Post by unfetteredalexandria »

I just posted something on this to the manuals/doc area:

viewtopic.php?p=54495#p54495

These are measurements made by the PO of my boat. I am still using much of this as-is, although I did shorten the (single-line) reins by a few feet. Basically, I shortened that line so that I could still easily hold the reins while standing at the tiller. This line runs through blocks attached to the bottoms of the stanchions on either side of the "bridge deck" area amidships.
1984 round-mast Freedom 25
Western Shore of the Chesapeake

unfetteredalexandria

Post by unfetteredalexandria »

Here is a photo showing how the reins are routed to a cam cleat on the port side of the front end of the coaming:
IMG_0192.jpeg
IMG_0192.jpeg (18.89 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Starboard side is same. The stanchion holding the block is behind the dock piling on the right in the foreground.
1984 round-mast Freedom 25
Western Shore of the Chesapeake