Spinnaker, Gun Mount and pole for 1984 F32

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
UBETCHAII

Spinnaker, Gun Mount and pole for 1984 F32

Post by UBETCHAII »

I have a Spinnaker with sleeve, gun mount and pole that I would like to sell. I would sell all for $500.00 plus shipping of the pole. I live in North Carolina so shipping would likely be an issue for long distances. For more or less local deliveries within 200 miles I could load it on my Suburban and save the delivery costs.

[attachment=0]scan2.jpg[/attachmen
Thanks,
Bill Harwell

PS: I would be willing to sell the parts separately as well. I am not real sure what to ask for any of this so if you are interested in anything Just let me know or make an offer.

Sorry for not posting earlier but the gun mount and sail were sold last spring. I hope everyone has a great sailing season this spring.
Attachments
scan2.jpg
scan2.jpg (18.68 KiB) Viewed 8044 times
Last edited by UBETCHAII on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Audiguy

Re: Spinnaker, Gun Mount and pole for 1984 F32

Post by Audiguy »

Hello Bill :D

Do you still have your spinnaker and gun mount/ pole :for sale?

I have just purchased a 1984 Freedom 32 and it does not have these pieces..
My boat is in Florida, I live in Ontario and I will be driving there in late January...

Drop me a line at smith.richard968@gmail.com....

Thanks
Richard

daletournier

Post by daletournier »

Did this sell?
Thanks Dale.

UBETCHAII

Post by UBETCHAII »

It is still available.

Nengaku

Post by Nengaku »

I am looking to buy a gun mount for my 1988 Freedom 36. The pole (I have) is 4 inches in diameter and 18 ft long. Please contact me at nengaku1 AT gmail DOT com. Thank you.
Roger Cunningham
S/V Selkie
San Francisco

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Roger, a few months ago, Paul Dennis with Warren River Boat Works in RI had a gunmount and spinnaker for sale. I already have a spinnaker, but not the gunmount for my F38 (which is also in SF Bay, by the way neighbor), but decided to stick with the sock method for now. You might want to give Paul a call. It seemed like a good deal. Also, you'll find the instructions that another member (Rick Simmonds) posted here to be very useful for running the sheets as well as the process for deploying and dousing the sail.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Grimsby_Alan

Post by Grimsby_Alan »

:?: I know it's been a while, but is this still available?
1984 F32 Hoyt hull #41
Port Dalhousie, Ontario

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

Alan,

I bought the system from Bill earlier this year. I had planed to rig it for the singlehanded transpac this July but ran out of time. Going to set it up for next years racing season.

I continue to have some concerns about pole dips in a seaway. Some of the experienced users here say no probs but as I was sailing to Hawaii I had some rolls that definitely would have put the pole in the water. The sailing was more or less DDW for a thousand miles in following, sometimes confused, seas.

We'll see how it works out but in thinking it through, a broach which dipped the leeward pole would rotate the windward pole forward thus hardening up the sail as you rounded up. This seems opposite to what you would want to happen in those circumstances.

Dipping at any time seems like it would place an awful lot of strain on the rig unless you could quickly release the windward "rein".

Sorry to go off topic on you. I guess I will worry about this until I can actually try it out.
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment