Freedom 21 For Sale

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
Lionel7

Freedom 21 For Sale

Post by Lionel7 »

While it is fun to have two Freedom 21's, one needs to go. I recently refit a deep fin 21 and now would like to sell my shoal draft 1983. It comes with dual axel trailer, and the gun mount hardware. Mainsail is in great shape, the spinnaker not so much. Has hinged mast option, port-a-poti with deck pump out, new 12v distribution panel. Nav and cabin lights, Plastimo compass, cushions in great shape, great canvas - sail, companionway, winch and tiller covers. I have good title for both. There is a Johnson 8HP Sailmaster motor that I am working on getting running. $3700 for boat and trailer, we will see how the outboard turns out that would be additional if I get it running. The boat is in Lake Geneva WI, about two hours from the Chicago area one hour from Milwaukee. It is a great boat, I sailed it probably 50 times in the last three years. I thought I would let the Freedom list know about this before I put it on Craigs List. Thanks for considering.

Doug
S/V Mother Goose III, Freedom 21 # 51
S/V Maketea, Freedom 21 # 112
S/V Island Time, O'Day 272

Olive's Rose

Re: Freedom 21 For Sale

Post by Olive's Rose »

Lionel 7,
Is your boat still available? I recently purchased a Freedom 21 with the mast down and all the lines disconnected. Any chance I could come to lake Geneva and look at your boat so I can see the way it's rigged? I am also very interested in the mast hinge. I live in central, IL and use to live on the IL/WI border so I know my way to lake Genava. If this would be acceptable to you could you text me at 3095855761, or email me at markh00@live.com today is my first time on this site so I'm afraid I'll miss it if you answer this way

Russo

Post by Russo »

Hello Lionel,

I'm new to this community Forum board and also to sailing. After much research, and getting my expectations in perspective, I've decided the freedom 21 is my best option. I'm 52 years old and live in South Florida. I'm going to explore the keys and surrounding Islands. I have a couple questions if you don't mind. Firstly is the trailer that the boat is on roadworthy for a trip back to Florida? Secondly is all of the gear with the boat. Meaning is all of the rigging stock? Thank you and hope to hear back soon.
Russo
Name TBA: Freedome 21
Fort Lauderdale Fl.

Lionel7

Post by Lionel7 »

The trailer is solid. However, it has been used just short distances in recent years two trips a year back and forth 15 minutes to launch at the beginning of the season and retrieve at the end of the season. If it were going on the road it would need new tires and the bearings and brakes serviced. Not a big deal, but would be necessary for safe travel. Everything is there rigging wise except 150' of 5/16" stay set line for three of the gun mount spinnaker lines which would complete the spinnaker rig if you desired to use the gun mount system.

Russo

Post by Russo »

Well Lionel7 I have gone and done it! My wife and I purchased a 21 in fort pierce fl today. We gave $2000 for the boat, sails and rigging (may need some new line and pulleys), an awesome trailer (needs axle work but got the boat home), a Tohatsu 3.5 outboast, and a varity of other items that were in the boat. Its going to need a good cleaning and some paint. There are also some minor cracking in the gel on the deck, but nothing to deep. The ports will need replacing and the hatch reset and sealed.

All in all my wife is happy so its all good. Now comes the hardware strip-down! :roll:
Russo
Name TBA: Freedome 21
Fort Lauderdale Fl.

Lionel7

Post by Lionel7 »

Good luck with your new boat.

Russo

Post by Russo »

Thank you
Russo